Skip to main content

Degree registration and graduation

If you wish to complete a degree course at Curtin you should register your intention after completing at least four OUA units.

Students wishing to enrol in the Bachelor of Arts (Internet Communications) course must complete the BA (Internet Communications) Registration form [PDF 97KB].

All other students should complete a Registration of Intent to Complete a Degree at Curtin University form [PDF 116KB].

Please be aware that some courses offered at Curtin University via Open Universities Australia (OUA) are restricted, this means that you will need to formally apply with OUA to be considered for admission into these courses. Current restricted programmes are:

  • Bachelor of Applied Science (Architectural Science)
  • Bachelor of Applied Science (Construction Management)
  • Bachelor of Applied Science (Interior Architecture)
  • Bachelor of Eduation (Early Childhood)
  • Bachelor of Education (Primary)
  • All Postgraduate courses

Credit for Recognised Learning (CRL)

Before applying for CRL you MUST email the Course Coordinator to get advice about what you may be eligible for and how to complete the Application for Credit Transfer through Credit for Recognised Learning form. The CRL form can be found on the Future Students website in the ‘How to apply’ section. This step is important to allow you to plan and enrol in units of study while your CRL is being processed.

Commonwealth Supported Place students should apply for CRL once they have completed the CSP application process and accepted their place. Registering students (those not eligible for a CSP) should apply for CRL at the time of registration. All CRL applications MUST be sent to Curtin University for processing. Ensure that you include scanned original copies of all transcripts and other documents, a CV and letter from current employer if applicable, and a transcript of your completed OUA units. You should also include any email correspondence from the Course Coordinator.


To arrange graduation you must contact Open Curtin during the study period in which you are completing your final units.

Important graduation dates and deadlines are published on the Graduations website.