Curtin’s online learning environment
Curtin’s online learning environment is made up of several technologies all integrated to provide you with an engaging online learning experience.
OASIS stands for Online Access to Student Information Services and is your online student portal providing access to all your administrative and study needs including enrolment details, your timetable and Unit Outlines, student email, skyDrive and Blackboard. You will also find handy links to a range of academic and student support services.
In addition, if you want to view the published Unit Outlines for any unit you can search by unit on this page (OASIS login required).
Blackboard is Curtin’s learning management system. For each unit you are enrolled in, you will be able to access the following:
- Unit outline
- Lecture/tutor contact information
- Learning materials and activities
- Library resources
- eReserve (see below)
- Interactive tools (see below)
- Assessment tasks (inc. submission of assignments)
- Your assessment grades
Blackboard plays host to a variety of interactive communication and collaboration tools. It also has some built in study tools and functions (such as Notifications, calendars and ‘to do’ lists) to help you with your online studies.
You can also access your Blackboard units with a mobile device or tablet via the Blackboard mobile app.
For more help with using Blackboard, access our help guides and video tutorials.
Reserve and e-Reserve
Items in Reserve and e-Reserve have been selected by lecturers as required reading for courses.
- Reserve is a collection of physical items, including books, journals and DVDs, available in the library. These are in high demand, and can only be borrowed on a short term basis.
- e-Reserve is a collection of online resources including e-books, book chapters, journal articles, online videos and conference papers. These are available online through the library catalogue.
From within Blackboard you may engage with a variety communication and collaboration tools including:
Other tools you may encounter include: